Etosha is Namibia’s premier game viewing destination. Large herds of plains game concentrate around the waterholes in the dry season, making for exciting wildlife viewing. Species that can be seen year round include elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, springbok, oryx, kudu and the diminutive Damara dik-dik. Birdlife is also good with ostrich and raptors in abundance. Local specials include the Short-Toed Rocktrush, Hartlaub’s Francolin, Rockrunner, Ruppell’s Parrot, White-tailed Shrike and Chestnut Weaver.
Ongava Game Reserve is one of the few private game reserves in Southern Africa where you have a chance of seeing both black and white rhino. The reserve also has a good population of lion, eland, Hartmann’s mountain zebra, black-faced Impala and a number of other antelope species.
- Game drives in Etosha and Ongava Reserve in 5 x Land Rovers
- Walks with armed guide (white rhino can be tracked on foot)
- Full day excursions into Etosha National Park (subject to availability of vehicles)
- Private vehicles can be booked at an extra cost, subject to availability)
- Photography at the Hide.
Suggested Daily Activity Schedule
- 05h30- Wake-up, Full English /Continental buffet breakfast.
- 06h00 - Depart for Etosha (15 minute game drive to the gate).
- 12h00 - Return to the lodge for lunch.
- 16h00 - Tea with sweet snack is served.
- 16h30 - Depart on nature drive on Ongava property with sundowners.
- 20h00 - Dinner on outside wooden deck overlooking floodlit water hole, weather permitting.